ABOUT THE BOOK
The book, When Mountain Lions Are Neighbors: Wildlife in Today’s California, written by National Wildlife Federation’s California Director, Beth Pratt, will be released in the fall of 2015 by the award-winning publisher Heyday. The book celebrates the remarkable wildlife of the Golden State along with the people caring for it—sometimes in their own backyards. To frame the larger issues at stake, Beth shares her own wildlife adventures, which include tracking mountain lions in the middle of Los Angeles, visiting the Facebook campus in Menlo Park to meet its family of gray foxes, watching a peregrine falcon from the mayor’s office in San Jose, and gazing at porpoises swimming under the Golden Gate Bridge. When published, the book will be the center of a statewide public education program.
We need your help to raise $90,000 to make this important project a reality!
Your donation will fund an inspiring book and ebook about California’s remarkable wildlife, illustrated with original art, and color photos and with chapters devoted to California’s amazing wildlife hertiage. Authored by NWF’s California Director, Beth Pratt, it will provide inspiring information about the lives of the animals, it will celebrate their beauty, it will probe the human/animal connections, and will be a platform for a larger public education program that will eventually include online media, educational outreach and a traveling museum exhibit.
Contribute today and be a part of this special project of the National Wildlife Federation in partnership with Heyday, a nonprofit publisher in Berkeley, California. Dedication options make for a great gift!
- If you donate at any amount, you will be listed on our website in a special section listing all the supporters who made this possible.
- If you donate $250, you will receive a free copy of a special supporter’s edition of the book when it is published.
- Those who donate $500 or more will receive the above plus listing in the book as a supporter.
- Those who donate $1,000 or more will receive the above plus prominent listing with a dedication line of your choosing.
- Those who donate $5,000 or more can adopt a chapter with a dedication of your choosing.
- Underwriting the full cost of the book, you will receive the front dedication page. Please contact Beth Pratt at firstname.lastname@example.org