NATIONAL WILDLIFE FEDERATION PORPOISE VALENTINE CONTEST
ENTER AT NWF FACEBOOK
1. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. HOW TO ENTER: The NWF Porpoise Valentine Contest (“Contest”) is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia at the time of entry 13 years and older. Employees of National Wildlife Federation (“the Company”) its, directors, officers and prize suppliers (collectively, the “Contest Entities”), and each of their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) of each are not eligible to enter or win. For the purpose of this Contest, family members are defined as spouse, mother, father, inlaws, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, children and grandchildren. Void where prohibited by law.
2. CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest begins February 8, 2013, at 10:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (PST) and ends February 14, 2013, at 11:59 PM PST (“Entry period”). Company assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, illegible or mutilated entries or for any computer, online, telephone, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, garbled or jumbled transmissions, service provider, Internet, web site, or other accessibility or availability issues, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention, or any technical malfunctions that may occur. Entrants shall be the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain name associated with the submitted email address.
3. JUDGING: A winner will be selected by the staff of the National Wildlife Federation’s California Facebook Page and will be based on originality, humor and relevance from among all eligible entries received. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. All prizes will be awarded. Limit one prize per person, family or household. Winners will be notified via email, U.S. mail, telephone, and/or by overnight courier.
4. PRIZES: There will be at least (3) winners selected and three (3) prizes granted. The prizes will be a Return of the Porpoise T-shirt, photograph of a porpoise, and a toy stuffed animal porpoise. The prize cannot be exchanged for cash, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion. Company reserves the right to substitute prize and/or a prize of any value in the event the offered prize is unavailable. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except as provided herein. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Approximate retail value of each grand prize is $10.00.
5. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Company may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Company reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Company reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Company’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the screen name from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
6. Limitations of Liability: The Contest Entities are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
7. Governing Law/Jurisdiction. The Contest and these Official Rules are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Contest, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected ith this Contest.
8. Winners List. For the name of the winner, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: NATIONAL WILDLIFE FEDERATION, 11100 Wildlife Center Drive, Reston, VA 20190 (Attn: Porpoise Valentine Winner’s List). Requests for the name of the winners must be received by [March 30, 2013].
9. Winner Notification: The winner will be notified by Facebook, using the information provided on the Winners Facebook page, and will be required to respond to the notification or the prize may be forfeited. Company will not be liable for unsuccessful efforts to notify the winner. Decisions by Company of winner eligibility, notification, and acceptance or disqualification will be final and binding. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Winner will be posted on National Wildlife Federation’s and NWF California’s Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, and other social media pages and blogs.